I want to talk to you this week about commitment and results. Too many times people join a training program of some sort, with a heap of dreams and goals, go great guns for the first two weeks, then start to drop off. Why? Because they lose all motivation, it gets too hard, life gets in the way, and their goals end up in the gutter. Does this sound familiar? Well let me start by saying this; nothing worth it is easy. If you want the great results, you have to put in the hard yard. And not for 5 minutes; but each and every day, week in week out.
When you stop putting in the hard work, the results will also stop. For this reason, it is important you form new habits that will create a sustainable healthy lifestyle that doesn’t feel like a drag.
It is vital therefore for you to establish your ‘why’; the reason you want to make these changes. Without a ‘why’ your motivation is temporary. Your ‘why’ is what will create discipline to finish the job, rather than relying on motivation.
Here are some tips to help you:
- Use a nutrition plan that is realistic and balanced, not a diet. A diet is a set period of time that has an end date. It is full of restriction and deprivation, and once you stop that diet, so does that fat loss. Education is the key. The more you know about what food does for you and to you, the more inclined you will be to choose wisely. If you need help establishing the right nutrition plan for you, book in Nutrition Coaching with one of our coaches to set you up for life.
- Attend TF workshops to increase your learning; knowledge is power!
- Utilise the FREE Cheat Sheets print outs at the studio under the white board.
- Hold a food and training diary. Even if you don’t show anyone. It helps keep you accountable.
- Attend 100% of your classes. Even if you need to cancel one, do so in time (at least one hour’s notice) and book in a make-up class; don’t just waste it. That’s a waste of money and detrimental to your success.
- You need to train 3-5 times per week in order to maximise your results. If you are training less, understand it will slow the process down completely.
- Set goals! Too many people fail to set goals; training aimlessly with no clear direction will get you nowhere. If you need help setting goals book in a Wellness Coaching session with Coach Danni who will help you establish your goals and formulate a Road Map to get you there.
- Find an accountability buddy! This is one of the BEST ways to stay on top of your tasks. Send them your goals and tasks so that they know what you are trying to achieve. Send them photos of your food or a food log, training log etc. Select someone that is not going to enable your excuses; rather someone who will tell you how it is if you start sabotaging yourself. Choose someone that will give you tough love. Your best bet is to find a TF member that will understand what you are working with rather than a non-member. Speak to one of our coaches; they are always willing to be accountability buddies if you can’t find anyone within the TF community.
- Be accountable – put photos of your food in the Facebook Group. Post about your journey, training, wins, losses etc. Ask lots of questions on there.
- Ask our Coaches lots of questions about moving forward. Stay in touch with everyone. Get social in our FB group, talk to the people in your training group and attend events put on by us. All of this together, helps the support and success.
- Tell the world what you want to achieve. When you make a goal public knowledge, you are 70% more likely to succeed, as you own it and are accountable to it.
I hope all of this helps. I can teach you things til the cows come home, but ultimately it is up to you to take the action required to achieve the results. If you do not achieve what you want to achieve, ask yourself, ‘what could I have done differently?’ Insanity is doing the same thing day in day out expecting something to change. If you want change, you need to make it happen.
Some of you have been around a while and are starting to get complacent about your goals. Use today, as the new starting point. Use right now, as the time to start again, to start afresh and create something new for yourself. Never stop moving forward. Failure occurs when you stop trying! This could be the time you succeed!
If you do one thing every single day to help you be better, today next year you will be 365 times better than you are today!!!
- Coach Terri