The benefits of cooking bulk go beyond saving you extra time. Yes, it eliminates the 10-20 minute of thinking power when you stare into the ‘always empty’ pantry or fridge, or scrolling up and down the Uber eats menu, but it also helps keep you organized and accountable. However, one tiny little hole people can fall into when cooking bulk or better yet cooking in general, is repetition. The classic chicken and vegetable is easy but by the end of the second week, it slowly becomes your most hated meal out of the bunch. Create excitement and create flavor with the basic ingredients!
Think beyond salt, pepper, and oregano; become a spice master! Experiment with an array of herbs and spices that are out in the world. There are literally millions of herbs and spices that you can season your food with and although they taste amazing, they also provide you with additional benefits to your body for example:
• Rosemary: This tiny green eyelash-looking herb help to stimulate the immune system as well as assist to improve your digestion and circulation.
• Parsley: Fresh Parsley will not only bring a sense of freshness into your food but is also an antioxidant and great source of Vitamin K.
• Turmeric: A dash of this orange goodness is an antioxidant; turmeric also helps to prevent heart disease assisting in reducing your cholesterol as well as helps with inflammation and digestion.
But the list of herbs and spices doesn’t stop there:
• Thyme etc.
Long list short, add new flavors into your diet! Make each mouthful a punch of flavor!
Another way to add some variety to your food is by cooking your meal differently, the world of cooking has been reinvented! You don’t have to use your stove all the time; utilize every single appliance you have available including your:
• Oven – you can roast and bake all of the elements in your meals
• Air fryer- No oils are traditionally required, you can add a ‘crunch’ factor in your meals, plus you can pretty much cook anything you like in it!
• Slow Cooker- everyone loves pulling apart their protein! Have a home-cooked stew!
• BBQ- everyone loves a good BBQ!!
Although you may still be eating the traditional “chicken and vegetable’, modernize it and make it something that looks and sounds amazing!!
– Coach Emilia