Below are a few tips on how to ensure you get the most of your training efforts. That way your exert minimal effort for maximum results!
· Ensure you have eaten at least 60-90 minutes prior to training, so you can have the energy to put in maximum effort. Each person is different, some can eat and train straight away, others need a good 60-90 minutes to let their stomach settle before training. This is trial and error to see where you sit. Just ensure you find your sweet spot.
· Be fully hydrated. You need to be drinking at least 2 litres of water per day (excluding other beverages, this is water alone). This will ensure you have enough hydration for your body to use nutrients efficiently, be able to burn fat, repair damaged muscle tissue and help grow muscle density.
· Follow your coach’s instructions on technique. Technique is the most important factor during training for maximum results. It is pointless trying to go faster or lift heavier if your technique is not on point. Not only do you risk injury, you will not get anywhere near the results you are working towards.
· Get adequate sleep. If you are not sleeping at least 7 hours of good quality sleep per night, your training will suffer, and so will your results.
· Manage your stress. Most people lead very stressful lives in today’s day and age. It is important to manage your stress and do things that will calm your body in order for your body to be able to give you the results you are working towards. If your body doesn’t have any opportunity to de-stress and calm down, it will constantly be inflamed and will actually store fat and break down muscle tissue, no matter how hard you train. Do things like warm baths, cold showers, read a fiction novel, infrared sauna, get a massage, gardening, crafts, anything that brings you joy.
· Above all, have fun! It is pointless doing something that you do not enjoy and are dragging yourself to. Choose an activity that you enjoy. This will help you stick to it, help you get up and actually attend on the tough days when you can’t be bothered, and increase your serotonin hormone (happy hormone) which increases your training results.
– Coach Terri