When we find ourselves overwhelmed we tend to lose focus. Here is a simple grounding exercise that you can do to help regain your focus.
- Sit outdoors in a comfortable position. If you can’t go outdoors, try and get as close as you can to a window.
- Close your eyes and try and focus on your breathing. Slow deep breaths in through the nose, slow deep breaths out through the nose. Try and listen and feel your breathing.
- Open your eyes up and notice 5 things that you can see.
- Now notice 4 things that you can hear.
- What are 3 things that you can touch.
- And lastly 2 things that you can smell.
Once this small little exercise is done, you will notice that for that moment you didn’t worry about anything else that was happening around you and that you regained your focus by concentrating on what you can control. This is a simple exercise you can do daily that will help eliminate some stressors in your life.
- Coach Danni