You are the product of the 5 people you spend the most time with. These people can either help you flourish or help you wither. This is a behavioral science fact. Have a look around at who you spend the most time with and ask yourself the following questions:
- Do these people lift me up and push me to be better?
- Do these people support me when I am trying something new or do they come up with every reason why I shouldn’t go for it?
- Do these people challenge me to grow or do they enable me when I am having a tantrum?
- When I am with these people do we talk about life, issues and aspirations and how we can be better, or do we talk about other people?
- Do these people cheer and clap when I succeed?
If your circle of 5 does not help you flourish to succeed then you need to surround yourself with a fresh circle of 5. This doesn’t mean ditching your 5, just moderate your time with them.
Connect with 5 that will:
- Help you grow
- Challenge you to be better
- Support new ventures
- Call you out when you are holding yourself back rather than enabling you to keep going backwards
Surround yourself with people that make it inevitable for you to succeed.
– Coach Terri