Welcome to Terrific Fitness
As part of your training membership, we offer you a FREE Orientation and Pre-assessment with our Body Composition Analysis. One of our staff will be in contact with you to arrange your free Orientation session. This is not compulsory, however we do not offer this service on any other day/time. So if you are unable to attend Orientation for pre-assessment unfortunately you will miss out. So please do everything in your power to attend on this night.
This will be held at our Wellness Studio, Factory 2/5 Danaher Drive South Morang 3752. We are situated right behind Cafe Saffron. From May to September, please dress warm when attending an assessment, but please be aware that we will require you to wear tight fitting clothes for your profile photos, or shorts and a crop top for ladies, and shorts for the gents.
Watch this video for directions on how to get to our studio:
Please enter through the door on the right hand side of the roller door as you are looking at it.
Please text Admin on 0429 320 511 if you are unable to attend, so we know who to expect.
Orientation & Body Composition Analysis:
You need to know what your starting point is so that you can identify your progress properly. It’s not always about the scales or centimeters. Your Body Composition Analysis will give you a report that identifies the following data:
- Your weight
- Full body girth measurements
- Body fat percentage and body fat mass
- Visceral fat rating and risk analysis (this is the dangerous fat that accumulates around the organs)
- Muscle mass percentage
- Water mass percentage
- Bone mass percentage
- Metabolic age versus your biological age
- Basal Metabolic Rate; the daily minimum level of energy or calories your body requires when at rest (otherwise known as your metabolism)
- Segmented body fat percentage (core, arms and legs)
- Body Mass Index (A standardised ratio of weight to height, used as a general indicator of health.)
- Blood pressure reading
Important Things To Know:
What to bring with you when training:
- Comfortable training attire (track suit, leggings, shorts or gym pants, singlet, t-shirt or sweat shirt, jumper or jacket for cool down, well-fitting runners). Anyone not in training attire will not be able to train.
- Water – you need to stay fully hydrated!
- Sweat towel (a hand towel is sufficient, unless you know that you perspire excessively then maybe a larger towel) COMPULSORY, no towel no training
- LADIES – please make sure you wear a VERY well fitting bra to prevent breast tissue damage during exercise. Go for a size smaller than usual for the best protection. Super large busted women, it is recommended you wear 2 sports bras. (FYI damage breast tissue increases your chances of Breast Cancer, so please protect your breasts)
- Please ensure that you have eaten something before training, to avoid feeling faint or dizzy due to insufficient energy in your body. Some people feel sick if they train on a full tummy; if you are one of these people, avoid having a large meal and if you do, allow at least an hour before training.
- Have plenty of fluid throughout the day to ensure you attend training fully hydrated. If you get a stitch during training it means your body was not hydrated properly prior to commencing training.
- Inform your trainer at the beginning of the session if you have sustained any injuries or illness since last training with them.
- You must notify us if you sustain a new injury or illness after you have submitted your health evaluation, so we can update your file, and keep you safe during training.
- If you feel any pain or discomfort, or carry an injury that is causing you grief during training, please let your trainer know immediately.
- If you fall pregnant at any stage during your challenge round, let your trainer know immediately prior to attending your training session. You will need a doctor’s clearance in order to be able to continue to train, to ensure you are not in the ‘High Risk Category’ for training. No doctor’s clearance, no training.
- You can cancel and reschedule any class you are unable to attend with at least one hour’s notice. To do so simply log onto your Mindbody account and change your class, or email [email protected] requesting the change be made. Instructions on how to use your Mindbody account are below.
- If you need to contact your coach at any time, their phone number is in our APP under ‘Staff Contact Numbers’. For more details on our APP scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Check in at the beginning of class every single session on the iPad
- Gold members, you have an extra three free classes on your account that you can use to book into any class throughout the 12 weeks. Simply book in online.
- We do not train on public holidays, so if your session falls on a public holiday, please ensure that you book in for a make-up session with another class.
- Please DO NOT drop F-bombs or C-bombs during training. Doing so will warrant the entire class 5 Burpees!
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your class commencing and wait for your coach near the LOGO wall besides the pigeon holes.
- Stay in touch! Read everything that is offered in all media sources, to ensure you get the full benefits of training with Terrific Fitness! We issue a vast amount of information via text, email, Facebook, website, handouts.
- Bring your Asthma pump to every single session, if you suffer Asthma, even if it is only mild or seasonal.
- Please do not spray deodorants in training gyms as it triggers Asthma; if you must use deodorant, please go outside.
*For every person you refer to Terrific Fitness, you will receive a 10% Discount!
Cardio Boxing Participants:
For those of you participating in Boxing classes, please note that it is compulsory that you wear boxing wraps to all classes. There are 2 sorts you can choose from. Refer to the images for examples of hand wraps.
Booking & Rescheduling Your Classes Online:
You are able to log into Mindbody and reschedule your own classes, and book in for any of our other services, online. In order to be able to book online as a member, you will need to follow the procedure in this video. Otherwise you won’t be able to book in.
Terri Batsakis, founder of Terrific Fitness:
An finally, below you will find a video with Terri’s story, our founder of Terrific Fitness. Watch this and you will understand exactly why we do what we do 🙂
We look forward to meeting you all (if we haven’t already) and helping you towards your goals.