As summer really kicks in, most of us move around and go on vacation to help de-stress and simply have fun. I challenge you to participate in my ‘Summer Strength Challenge’. The challenge I am bringing to the table doesn’t require lugging around huge bits of equipment but you will have the option to go body weight or go further. The challenge is simply complete 1000 reps 😉
- X 20 Alternating Lunges (Body Weight or Weighted)
- X 20 Cycle Squats (Body Weight or Weighted)
- X 20 Alternating Squat Kicks
- X 30 Resistance Band Crab Walks; Up and Back = 1 Rep (Body Weight or Weighted)
- X 20 Triceps Dips
- X 20 Front to Lateral Raises (Body Weight Option is Star Jumps)
- X 40 Jabs and Crosses
- X 10 Push Ups (Either down on the ground or elevated on the wall or bench, no knees)
- X 20 Windmills
The ‘Summer Strength Challenge’ involves you completing these 9 exercises, 5 times to smash through the challenge of conquering 1000 reps. Good Luck!!
Now this wouldn’t be a challenge if it was a one off, so I challenge you to perform this small program every day for a week! Instead of sitting down focusing endless hours on your phone give this ago and do something that is going to be fun and beneficial to help maintain your body strength during your off peak training season.
The challenge has been set, now I challenge you to take part and step up to the plate! Have fun!!
- Coach Emilia